This homemade black bean burger recipe is simple, nutritious, and irresistibly tasty. It’s the perfect alternative from the store bought varieties! These will bring delicious flavors to your next BBQ or dinner.
1 lb (1 Retail Bag) 13 Foods Tortuga! Black Beans*
2 Tbsp water
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
¾ cup bread crumbs
- Cook 13 Foods Tortuga! Black Beans according to package.
- Add water to beans to mash with fork or food processor.
- Mix spices, onion, and carrots into mashed beans.
- Divide mixture into 8 patties. Place on parchment lined baking sheet to cool in freezer. Cool for 10 minutes or save in freezer container for another day.
- Fire up the grill or stove top grill to cook. Cook about 8 minutes on each side or until desired crust.
- Layer the burger with bun and toppings. Enjoy!
*Cook according to package directions.