Who doesn’t love a sweet, but spicy treat? Well, get ready to fall in love again. The Sweetly Spicy Truffle will knock you off your feet by the sweet, spiced filling in every bite. This treat has an added bonus of nutrition from our Kabuli! Chickpeas! Now, don’t just have one…grab the second or even third!
Chickpea Spice Cake
1/2 cup 13 Foods Kabuli! Chickpeas*
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups powder sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cream
12 oz bag white chocolate chips
1 tbsp shortening
- In your food processor, add our flavorful chickpeas and 2 tbsp water. Blend until smooth.
- Begin to make Chickpea Spice Cake. Combine butter, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and blended chickpeas. Add flour to mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Place cake mixture into greased cake dish. Bake 350° F for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- As you let the cake cool. Combine the butter, powder sugar, vanilla extract, and cream into small bowl. Whip until fluffy.
- Crumble the cooled cake into a large bowl. Mix whipped frosting with crumbled cake.
- Roll cake mixture into 1-2 inch balls. Place the cake balls onto baking sheet with parchment paper. Chill in freezer for 15 minute.
- Melt white chocolate chips and shortening per package. Dip each cake ball into white chocolate coating and place onto baking sheet to set; sprinkle if desire.
- Store in freezer.
*Cook according to package directions.