Sweet, spiced, and everything nice! All the flavors meld together to make a simply, savory tasty bite to eat.
2 cups Kabuli! Chickpeas*
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground paprika
½ tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt
3 Sweet Potatoes
¼ cup goat cheese
½ cup spinach
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and half sweet potatoes. Rub with olive oil or melted butter and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top. Bake for 1 hour, or until fully cooked.
- Cover baking sheet with non-stick baking spray or baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss chickpeas in oil, then toss in cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne and salt.
- Spread coated Kabuli! Chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Let roasted Kabuli! Chickpeas and halved cooked sweet potatoes cool, set aside.
- Once cooled, scrape the sweet potato out of the peel and place into a bowl. Leave a layer of sweet potato with peel.
- Place peels back into oven for 5 minutes to become crisp.
- While peels are baking, mix roasted Kabuli! Chickpeas, sweet potato, spinach, parsley, 1/8 cup goat cheese.
- Stuff potato peels with mixture. Top with goat cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
*Cook according to package directions.