A little spice here and a little spice there, is the only way to eat these scrumptious cupcakes. The best part about these cupcakes are the Kabuli! Chickpeas. These cupcakes just keep giving with all the nutrition. Go ahead…have a second!
Chickpea Spice Cupcake
1/2 cup 13 Foods Kabuli! Chickpeas
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups powder sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cream
- In your food processor, add our flavorful chickpeas and 2 tbsp water. Blend until smooth.
- Begin to make Chickpea Spice Cake. Combine butter, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and blended chickpeas. Add flour to mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Place cake mixture into greased cake dish. Bake 350° F for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- As you let the cupcakes cool. Combine the butter, powder sugar, vanilla extract, and cream into small bowl. Whip until fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting onto the top of each cupcake.